Volcano Club

Volcano Club only offers one type of membership - and that's lifetime. To become a member send some volcanic themed work to the HQ (volcanoclubhq@gmail.com) and you might get a codename or some other cool shit.

Monday 12 March 2012

Noel Cowardano

There are times in your life when you read about something and realise you have seen/have read it. And I have recently discovered a Noel Coward play called Volcano that was written with Katharine Hepburn in mind. Which sounds amazing, sadly as it's an undiscovered masterpiece there isn't too much information about it aka it has no wikipedia page. It's going to be on at the Theatre Royal in Bath this summer so hopefully I can combine seeing it with a trip to Bath Spa, which due to geothermal activity I can link to volcanoes. The play was written when Noel Coward moved to Jamaica, is set on a volcanic Caribbean island, it's about 2 women falling for a married man and his acid-tongued wife (presumably KH) trying to fight them off. Then I reckon the play will end in a massive hilarious eruption/argument but its hard to know as I haven't seen it. I'll let you know what happens when I have. I think I would cast Katharine with an Icelandic volcano because as well as being cutting she was also icy but sadly I will never be able to direct a play starring Katharine Hepburn about volcanoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment