Volcano Club

Volcano Club only offers one type of membership - and that's lifetime. To become a member send some volcanic themed work to the HQ (volcanoclubhq@gmail.com) and you might get a codename or some other cool shit.

Monday 16 April 2012

I Am Mount Etna

I have decided to start my tweeting as Mount Etna exercise partly because I'm bored, partly because I have never tweeted, partly because I haven't done anything here for ages, partly because Etna's erupting and partly because no one has told me it's a dreadful idea. But the problem is how much to personify Etna as I generally hate the anthropomorphising of volcanoes so I worry that I will become the knife that stabs my own back like Charlie Brooker Pizza Cutter. Etna is a good choice to tweet as she (see I'm already doing it) erupts all the fucking time and gets quite a lot of press for it. Tweeting as an ever erupting volcano a la Kilauea would be dull, a never erupting volcano a la Fuji would be equally dull. I think the advantage of tweeting will be that there are lots of really cool Etna videos so that'll be fun for everyone to watch, when I say everyone I mean Volcano Club members when I say Volcano Club members I mean about 3 people. Also I might be quite fun to see what kind of personality me as Mount Etna emerges as and whether or not me and Etna are deeply linked, I'd like to think so.

Already out as a Prince fan #(with a silent h) awesome.
This is probably how you get to said twitter account

1 comment:

  1. That video is amazing, you start to forget it is a volcano after awhile.

    ReplyDelete