Volcano Club

Volcano Club only offers one type of membership - and that's lifetime. To become a member send some volcanic themed work to the HQ (volcanoclubhq@gmail.com) and you might get a codename or some other cool shit.

Monday 14 June 2010

Tintin and Volcanoes

Tintin has always been a massive influence in my life (for example my best friends are a small white dog, a violent drunken sailor and an eccentric professor) and I have recently realised that this spreads to my love of volcanoes. Flight 714, the penultimate tintin book involves not only volcanoes but also aliens. I know; volcanoes, tintin and aliens is an absolute winning combination. It's probably one of the strangest adventures but I still love it.




As well the excellent Tintin series Herge also wrote the adventures of Jo, Zette and Jocko. Which I suppose is a bit like a dumbed down version of Tintin. My older brother had all the Tintin books so Jo, Zette and Jocko were my thing. The second half of The Secret Ray (eruption of karamako) was all about a volcanic eruption and some cannibals so pretty great really (also Jocko is a pet monkey)



3 comments:

  1. Excellent TinTin celebration! I agree about Flight 714 - I think its a very mysterious adventure - though it often gets criticised in TinTin books and biographies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    I just came by this site in my search for the 1st 2 J, Z& J Comics, namely the Secret Ray Parts 1&2.
    Please would you kindly inform me as to where I may download these 2 from? I have been looking for years, but have had no luck.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea, I've had hard copies for years but no idea where they are from. Good luck with the search

      Delete